- A purple-flowered iris native to Eurasia and North Africa, which produces an unpleasant odour, especially when bruised. Also called stinking iris.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Iris foetidissima, family Iridaceae
- One of them is the reserve of gladdons located near the southern town gates.
- Its botanical name is Iris foetidissima and it is also known as stinking gladwin or gladdon.
- This plant is also known as sweet root, sweet rush, sweet cane, sweet flag, gladdon, sweet myrtle, myrtle grass, myrtle sedge, and cinnamon sedge.
Old English glædene, based on Latin gladiolus (see gladiolus).