Definición de glanders en inglés:
plural sustantivo[usually treated as singular]
A rare contagious disease that mainly affects horses, characterized by swellings below the jaw and mucous discharge from the nostrils.
- Glanders is caused by the bacterium Pseudomonas mallei
- The Germans used anthrax and glanders against the horses and mules of the US Army and its Allies in World War I.
- Work was in progress, too, on other agents like brucellosis and glanders as well as on chemicals against plants, classified at the time as a form of biological, not chemical, warfare.
- In the first world war attempts were made to infect horses with glanders, and throughout history invading armies have poisoned wells and other water sources.
Definición de glanders en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan