- A legless burrowing lizard of snake-like appearance, with smooth, shiny skin and an easily detached tail, native to Eurasia, Africa, and America. Also called glass snake.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Ophisaurus, family Anguidae: several species
- Among the interesting species introduced in these pages is a glass lizard that can break its tail into pieces that keep moving and distract a predator.
- At first glance a glass lizard may be mistaken for a snake, but they have distinct differences.
- However, unlike snakes, eastern glass lizards have movable eyelids and external ear openings.
Más definiciones de glass lizardDefinición de glass lizard en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.