sustantivo (plural igual or glassfishes)
- A small fish with an almost transparent body, in particular:
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ● a marine or freshwater fish which is popular in aquaria (genus Chanda, family Centropomidae), including the Indian glassfish (C. ranga). ● an elongated marine fish of the West Pacific (Salangichthys microdon, family Salangidae), eaten as a delicacy in Japan.
- The reef earns its good reputation with large gorgonian fan corals up to 3m across and cornetfish, groupers and glassfish in abundance.
- Groups of blue-finned trevally terrorised the glassfish and fusiliers as they hunted for their meal.
- Two huge grouper had made the forecastle home, and inside were glassfish and their worst nightmare - lionfish.