Definición de glaucoma en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
A condition of increased pressure within the eyeball, causing gradual loss of sight.
- He also has arthritis and is in the early stages of glaucoma, another disease leading to gradual loss of sight.
- There has been a lot of debate about whether high blood pressure increases the risk of glaucoma.
- In both uveitis and acute glaucoma, patients complain of deep, aching pain with loss of vision.
- Example sentences
- Vision may still be 6/6 even at the terminal stage of glaucomatous field loss (tunnel vision)
- Conversely, about 15 percent of patients with otherwise characteristic glaucomatous nerve damage have a consistently normal intraocular pressure.
- A positive correlation of cavernous degeneration and glaucomatous damage was found in only 4 persons.