sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- A condition of increased pressure within the eyeball, causing gradual loss of sight.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He also has arthritis and is in the early stages of glaucoma, another disease leading to gradual loss of sight.
- There has been a lot of debate about whether high blood pressure increases the risk of glaucoma.
- In both uveitis and acute glaucoma, patients complain of deep, aching pain with loss of vision.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Vision may still be 6/6 even at the terminal stage of glaucomatous field loss (tunnel vision)
- Conversely, about 15 percent of patients with otherwise characteristic glaucomatous nerve damage have a consistently normal intraocular pressure.
- A positive correlation of cavernous degeneration and glaucomatous damage was found in only 4 persons.
mid 17th century: via Latin from Greek glaukōma, based on glaukos 'bluish-green, bluish-grey' (because of the grey-green haze in the pupil).
Más definiciones de glaucomaDefinición de glaucoma en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.