Definición de glia en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Anatomy
The connective tissue of the nervous system, consisting of several different types of cell associated with neurons: [as modifier]: glia cells Also called neuroglia.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These factors play a pivotal role in brain development by direction the formation of neurons and supporting cells called glia from uncommitted progenitor cells.
- The transplanted stem cells engrafted and differentiated into human neurons and glia that intermingled with host brain counterparts.
- Most of the bone marrow-derived cells in the brain tissue were glia (support cells) and other non-neuronal cells.
late 19th century: from Greek, literally 'glue'.
- Example sentences
- The posterior lobe of the pituitary gland or neurohypophysis contains unique glial elements referred to as pituicytes.
- It seems that the failure of the axons to regenerate is partly the result of an inhibitory effect exerted by central nervous system glial cells, associated with the myelin of nerve fibers.
- In no case could disruption of the glial surface of the optic disc or other evidence of posterior vitreous displacement be identified.
Definición de glia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India