- Trying to look past the dull conversation, I caught a glimpse of red from the corner of my eye.
- The only thing is during all of this, I caught a glimpse of his face and he looked so familiar.
- She peeked round the corner and caught a glimpse of a police car going slowly down the street.
- Shot mostly among red brick suburbs, the film also offers brief glimpses of the modern concrete city centre.
- There will be brief glimpses into what the future holds as well.
- Sometimes youth football offers a glimpse of the present, not the future.
- Everyone here has heard the stories - or maybe, been on a convoy through the green zone, briefly glimpsed the way that other half lives.
- We briefly glimpse him alive and well before he is blown from his horse by a shell that destroys a significant part of his face.
- He briefly glimpses a woman running down the wooded path, but she is far away and disappears around a corner before he can look more closely.
- Rare rays of sunlight glimpsed through the clouds, shining onto the square.
Middle English (in the sense 'shine faintly'): probably of Germanic origin; related to Middle High German glimsen, also to glimmer.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: glimpse
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.