Definición de glister en inglés:
- When I look to your sumptuous brown eyes that are glistering from pleasure and shine from intelligence.
- His bright whites were glistering in the dull train lights as he smiled at her.
- Her lips were layered with glistering, crimson lipstick, her eyes covered with sparkling pink eye shadow.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Within the canvas, there is a makeshift altar, the flickering of candles illuminating the glister of an icon.
- The second factor is that as housing loses its glister, investors will be encouraged to switch their savings back into the stock market.
- It covered her face and blocked the glister of her eyes.
glitter from (Late Middle English):
Things have glittered since the 14th century, and the word comes from Old Norse glitra. All that glitters is not gold dates back at least to the early 13th century: Shakespeare uses it, in the form all that glisters is not gold, in The Merchant of Venice. Glister is probably from the Middle Dutch variant of the word. Glitzy, ‘showily attractive’, first appeared in the USA in the 1960s. It was based on glitter, and probably influenced by ritzy and perhaps also by German glitzerig ‘glittering’. Ritzy comes from the luxurious Ritz hotels, and is first recorded used by P. G. Wodehouse in 1920.
Definición de glister en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.