adjetivo (glossier, glossiest)
- 1Shiny and smooth: thick, glossy, manageable hairMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I'm not beautiful, I don't have silky smooth, glossy hair and stick thin legs.
- The result is permanent pin straight hair with super glossy shine.
- He was sitting with his legs up on the seat in front of him with the sun shining on his glossy chestnut brown hair.
- 1.1(Of a magazine or photograph) printed on high-quality smooth shiny paper: a 16-page glossy brochureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Except for the occasional story he got in a glossy magazine, the photographs could be re-sized on a color copier without impacting their usefulness.
- An educated guess would be that the pictures are, indeed, touched up and air-brushed because most photographs in glossy magazines are.
- Even glossy magazines can be printed on recycled stock now.
- 2Superficially attractive, stylish, and suggesting wealth: a glossy TV miniseriesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They prefer to market the classics on a more glossy superficial level; the profound conductor and seriously dutiful players are a thing of the past.
- The company has set out to prove once again that it can not only compete with Hollywood at their own game, but create glossy miniseries that feel like feature films.
- More than any other medium, our perception of architecture is increasingly mediated through renders, walkthroughs and glossy artist's impressions.
sustantivo (plural glossies)• informal Volver al principio
- 1A magazine printed on glossy paper with many colour photographs: he’s been touted in some upmarket glossies as the thinking woman’s crumpetMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The media's preoccupation with body size runs the gamut from teen magazines to tabloids, the glossies and, yes, even broadsheets which should know better.
- Most jazz magazines are only slightly more readable than airline glossies, and serve roughly the same purpose.
- Adults have celebrity mags and glossies, but kids don't care about big names.
- 1.1A photograph printed on glossy paper.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She was as motionless as her famous photo glossies, as still as the models at the Wax Museum just down the street.
- He slid the color glossy across the black lacquer top to her.
- They each ordered a 10x12 glossy, with protective covering and backing for a frame.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It rules the ratings in the TV entertainment business, and has successfully set the agenda for what the cable-connected viewer must consume: glossily mounted shows that hook viewers.
- Your troubles momentarily melt away as you become enveloped in the latest saga gripping some glossily imperfect American family.
- As an artwork it's negligible, glossily produced but awkwardly composed and, to my eye, rather silly.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We are not simply in the business of polishing our own apple through the length of our publications list and the glossiness of our reports.
- We tend to use very dark chocolate in these recipes, as it gives a wonderful texture and glossiness to cooking sauces.
- So this film, with all its glossiness, is by far the most fragile and vulnerable work I've done.