Definición de glottis en inglés:
The part of the larynx consisting of the vocal cords and the slit-like opening between them. It affects voice modulation through expansion or contraction.
- The extrinsic muscles of the larynx control the degree of tension on the vocal cords, and the intrinsic muscles regulate the glottis.
- It is possible that the ‘breath holding’ episodes the child exhibited previously were in fact intermittent and momentary obstruction of the glottis by the tonsil.
- During the compressive phase, the glottis is closed and the expiratory muscles start to contract.
- Example sentences
- Expiration is a passive recoil of lung and chest tissues and in the presence of glottic obstruction a dangerous cycle arises.
- A syndrome of airway swelling in the glottic and subglottic area of viral origin.
- If so, consider a posterior polyp that flops in and out of the glottic opening as the patient changes position.
Definición de glottis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary