The use of statistical data to date the divergence of languages from their common sources.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Unfortunately, the last published glottochronology for all the Caddoan languages dates to the 1960s, before the technique was refined.
- Many of the papers in these volumes show a revival of interest in the much criticised techniques of glottochronology and lexicostatistics.
- New methods in glottochronology provide logical and empirical proof that the second assumption is true.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These findings, and others which will in time be developed, will affect the method of glottochronological inquiry.
- This was predicted by Jane decades ago based on her glottochronological work with Tepiman and the larger Uto-Aztecan language family.
- As part of our study of Proto Indo European origins we have made glottochronological estimates of the separation of each European language group, Slavic, Celtic, Romance, etc., from each other.
Definición de glottochronology en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.