sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
A condition characterized by an excess of sugar in the urine, typically associated with diabetes or kidney disease.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Participants not known to be diabetic and without glycosuria underwent a standard oral glucose tolerance test.
- He was aware that pancreatic disease led to glycosuria.
- A rectal examination can determine the presence of fecal impaction, and a simple urinalysis can be used to screen for infection or glycosuria.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is not always accompanied by clinical symptoms but can be diagnosed on the basis of high glycaemic and glycosuric concentrations.
- Blood glucose levels of glycosuric animals were then tested using a One Touch II glucometer (Lifescan, Milpitas, CA, USA).
- Following irradiation, 5 ml of glucose solution was given to irradiated and nonirradiated albino rats until the animals became glycosuric. lrradiated animals developed g1ycosuria 14-l8 hr after irradiation.
Mid 19th century: from French glycosurie, from glucos 'glucose'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: glyco|suria
Definición de glycosuria en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda