Definición de gnostic en inglés:
1Relating to knowledge, especially esoteric mystical knowledge.
- For some pavements such a religious symbolism has been suggested: examples at Brading and Littlecote have been seen as representing ‘Orphic’ or gnostic (mystical knowledge) ideas.
- And also, before the 300s (and many times afterwards) there were plenty of religious authority figures in gnostic sects both within and outside the church.
- I am aware that between the second and the fourth centuries various gnostic heresies admitted women to all levels of priesthood.
1.1 (Gnostic) Relating to Gnosticism.
- The Gospel of Philip is a Gnostic text, and Gnostic thought would have no place in first century Palestinian Judaism.
- Yes, the Gospel of Thomas can be read in terms of spiritual transformation, but so can the Gospel of John - indeed, it was demonstrably read that way both by Gnostic interpreters like Heracleon and orthodox interpreters like Origen.
- It is a collection of sayings of Jesus, shorn of most narrative setting, and often Gnostic in feel, presenting Jesus as a teacher of esoteric wisdom.
sustantivoVolver al principio
(Gnostic) An adherent of Gnosticism.
- The distortions of the Marcionites, Gnostics, and Montanists were carefully examined under the criteria of apostolic testimony.
- Most of the early Church's toiling over Christ's humanity took place in terms less extreme than those of the Gnostics or of Tertullian.
- The argument put forth by Elaine Pagels and others is that Gnostics were a vibrant community that sought refuge from Roman power in cults that endorsed personal revelations.
late 16th century (as a noun): via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek gnōstikos, from gnōstos 'known' (related to gignōskein 'know').
Definición de gnostic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan