Definición de goat en inglés:
1A hardy domesticated ruminant mammal that has backward-curving horns and (in the male) a beard. It is kept for its milk and meat, and noted for its lively behaviour.
- Besides this, Spanish cattle, pigs, sheep, and goats introduced European meats and fats, milk, butter, and cheese to the Mexican diet.
- Finds of animal bones reveal that the ox and the cow were domesticated as were sheep and goats (kept for meat and wool).
- They eat the meat of goats, sheep, water buffalo, and cows.
1.1A wild mammal related to the goat, such as the ibex. See also mountain goat.
- Wild goats are tolerant of considerable extremes of temperature and would most likely have been a source of food for most of the post-glacial period.
- The fauna is represented by species such as deer, wild goats, bears, wolves, foxes and martens.
- After that all the sheep, wild goats and deer on the Cooley Peninsula would have to be destroyed.
2A lecherous man.
- When you say that some of the girls are prostitutes and that he used to be a responsible, respected person, it is entirely possible that the old goat is having brain changes.
lecher, lecherous man, lascivious man, libertine, womanizer, seducer, adulterer, pervert, debauchee, rake, roué, profligate, wanton, loose-liver, sensualist, sybarite, voluptuary, Don Juan, Casanova, Lothario, Romeo
3British informal A stupid person; a fool: just for once, stop acting the goat
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Unfortunately a young schoolgirl, acting the goat, injured herself causing a slight cut on her knee.
- Acting the goat takes on a new meaning when it involves a challenging nine-and-a-half-hour scramble over the rough terrain around Glenbeigh.
- Those involved in one of the county's most popular festivals have decided acting the goat is one way to help a good cause.
get someone's goat
- informal Irritate someone.Example sentences
- Apart from the super-slow service, what else got my goat?
- I mean I do read them, and one of them has got my goat enough for this blog entry - does that mean they work?
- This being the sixties, most of them felt it was a matter of free speech, which really got his goat.
- Example sentences
- The other meaning of fiesta is ‘feast day’, and refers, of course, to the day the goat is finally sacrificed - although goats are usually sacrificed as representatives of human piety and contrition, rather than for their own goatish sins.
- It's his first day in the job and he's already banned the entire population of Australia and ‘people with goatish beards’.
- One of the beasts, true to goatish cliches, started gnawing on a plastic strap on her pram.
- Example sentences
- But one warning - if you are a goaty academic, don't presume (as your kind always does) that women will find you attractive just because you're brainy.
- Of several good puddings, I tried white chocolate parfait with a goat's milk yoghurt, which stamped, as goaty things will, on the gentle chocolate, but was a fascinating flavour.
- You would never compare mousetrap cheddar with camembert, so why assume that all goat's cheese will taste the same - overpoweringly rank and, well, goaty?