A person who eats greedily and noisily: filling his mouth with rice and peas, he really was a greedy gobbler
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We had a go at backing up her files, and then when they all went off to Braintree I came home and checked my windows, which seem to be bone dry in the presence of the moisture gobblers.
- The report, though, was inspired, becoming increasingly surreal as different types of music were played to the poor gobblers.
- The stereotypical gobbler of romantic novels was the suburban housewife, who used fables on passionate love as an escape from the bored drudgery and emotional pragmatism of real life.
sustantivoNorth American informal
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Male turkeys are sometimes called gobblers, which makes sense because they gobble.
- Although wild turkey gobblers can fly well, they prefer not to.
- At the edge of an undeveloped patch of land we even managed to spot a magnificent turkey gobbler with his tail feathers spread in a massive fan, a visual treat in the middle of the city.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda