- A column-shaped cell found in the respiratory and intestinal tracts, which secretes the main component of mucus.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the large proximal airways, goblet cells secrete mucus, which traps deposited particles and is then propelled upwards by ciliated cells to be either expectorated or swallowed.
- The beating movement of the cilia helps to shift upwards and outwards any foreign particles which adhere to a layer of mucus secreted from interspersed goblet cells.
- Ocular mucins are secreted by conjunctival goblet cells and epithelial cells of the ocular surface and by the lachrymal glands.
Más definiciones de goblet cellDefinición de goblet cell en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.