- 1A female godparent: Miss Weeton was godmother to one of his childrenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- You can name just one godparent, or two godmothers or godfathers.
- She was a godmother to several children born in the village, and she taught in the Sunday School and she did a great deal.
- His sister Tamara is a close friend of mine, and I am the godmother to her daughter, I have a great relationship with all of the Castagnolas.
- 2A woman who is influential or pioneering in a movement or organization: the godmother of the regimentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Canadian author Naomi Klein, the godmother of the anti-globalisation movement, considers the way marketing handles the protests against corporate power.
- At age 83, she continues with us, strong as ever, and even more honored by her beloved community of poets - especially the community of black poets to whom she is a pioneering example and godmother.
- Joan Brown's irreverent explorations of the conflicted roles associated with femininity make her seem as well a kind of godmother to contemporary Bad Girl artists such as Karen Kilimnik and Nicole Eisenman.
Más definiciones de godmotherDefinición de godmother en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.