verbo[with object] (usually as adjective goffered)
- 1Crimp or flute (a lace edge or frill) with heated irons: a goffered frillMás ejemplos en oraciones
- After the washing came the drying and then ironing, goffering, and crimping before the laundry process was complete.
- Tumans could be goffered or pleated and were decorated with pompons made from color silk or gold threads.
- The body of the robe was of zero velvet, goffered, with a square pelerine of solferino poil de chevre amidships.
- 1.1 (as adjective goffered) (Of the gilt edges of a book) embossed with a repeating design.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Full leather, blind stamped and tooled, goffered edges in gold.
sustantivoVolver al principio
late 16th century: from French gaufrer 'stamp with a patterned tool', from gaufre 'honeycomb', from Middle Low German wāfel (see waffle2).
Más definiciones de gofferDefinición de goffer en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.