A swelling of the neck resulting from enlargement of the thyroid gland: a woman with a goitre [mass noun]: the belief that amber necklaces were good for curing goitre
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There may also be swelling of the thyroid gland in the neck - a goitre.
- It is assumed that most elderly patients with subclinical hyperthyroidism have a multinodular goiter, but several other conditions should be considered in the differential diagnosis.
- Life changing operations such as hernia repairs and removal of a goiter of the thyroid gland were considered elective, a luxury, but are now being performed free of charge.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In Britain the best recognized region is the Peak District and this is the reason why this goitrous condition is known colloquially as ‘Derbyshire neck’: but iodination of table salt has now made it rare.
- A review of 15 cases of fetal goitrous hypothyroidism in the English literature is presented.
- Normal immunoglobulin levels have also been found in goitrous cases in other studies.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: goitre
Definición de goitre en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda