Definición de gold dust en inglés:
1Fine particles of gold.
- He did offer patients who suffered from heart attacks an expensive cure that involved gold dust in a powder made from pearls, but he advised his colleagues to try to avoid hopeless cases as a matter of principle.
- Her maids had curled her hair and powdered it with gold dust, and were finishing an application of painted patches to her face.
- To portray the area she comes from, the dress will be black with gold overlay to mimic our history of miners searching for gold dust in black sand.
1.1British A thing that is difficult to find or obtain: council nursery places are like gold dust
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Also avoid the Hungarian Grand Prix when available rooms are like gold dust and you'll need a bar of the stuff if you're lucky enough to find one.
- Our volunteers are like gold dust to Cancer Care we can't manage without them.
- Land's like gold dust in Eastbourne and there's plenty they could do with it in Swanley.
Definición de gold dust en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan