- A quantity of gold held by a central bank to support the issue of currency: the American gold reserves in Fort KnoxMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Many governments no longer base their treasuries on the so-called gold standard though the United States, Austria and other countries maintain a gold reserve.
- Many people then exchanged silver money for gold and the Treasury's gold reserve became seriously depleted.
- Unlike gold certificates, with 100% gold backing, Federal Reserve Notes only had a 40% gold reserve behind them, enabling a dramatic expansion of the currency.
Más definiciones de gold reserveDefinición de gold reserve en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.