- 1A metal disc with a turned rim, giving a resonant note when struck.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the orchestra, I am thinking of using a certain number of brass and also metallic percussion: tubular bells, gongs, tam-tam, etc.
- A variety of groups in the Hull area will be able to use the Gamelan - a set of chimes, gongs and tuned metal bars made in Java - being purchased by the city council with the help of a £9,000 award.
- At once, the diminutive Goblin leapt off the platform and struck a gong, signalling the beginning of the final battle.
- 2British • informal A medal or award.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's the best ten minute boost to female self-esteem ever invented, and I'd be the first to award Heat a gong honouring their services to womankind.
- Several other borough residents were awarded gongs in the New Year's honours.
- A record number of nominations have flooded in for the York Tourism Awards - but there is still time for you to make your selection before the gongs are finally awarded at an Oscars-style ceremony.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- Sound a gong or make a sound like that of a gong being struck.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Check out these 80 musicians from China who'll be gonging, cymbaling and bamboo-fluting their way through a performance at Penn's Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology.
- It was wonderfully meditative, and as I sat there cross-legged, gonging away and soaking up the mystical reverberations, I got to thinking.
- Suddenly a bell gonged loudly through the palace.
early 17th century: from Malay gong, gung, of imitative origin.
Más definiciones de gongDefinición de gong en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.