sustantivo (plural gonococci /-k(s)ʌɪ, -k(s)iː/)
A bacterium which causes gonorrhoea.
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae, a Gram-negative diplococcus
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (infected fallopian tubes, ovaries, and uterus), is caused most frequently by sexually transmitted chlamydia or gonococci.
- Gonorrhea, caused by a bacterium called gonococcus that thrives in warm/moist body tissues, can infect the throat, urethra, vagina/cervix, and anus.
- I think most doctors would empirically give antibiotics for both staph and gonococcus, but apparently for this exam, that would be wrong.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Evaluation and treatment are important because of the risk for reinfection of the patient and the strong likelihood of urethral gonococcal or chlamydial infection in the partner.
- Asymptomatic bacteriuria, gonococcal cervicitis and bacterial vaginosis are strongly associated with preterm delivery.
- Ectopic pregnancy is another possible consequence of gonococcal or chlamydial infection, although these are not the only risk factors.
Definición de gonococcus en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.