- An energetic Ukrainian dance in duple time, traditionally performed by men.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a popular folk dance called the hopak, male dancers compete against each other, performing acrobatic leaps.
- The hopak was first danced by the Cossack of the Zaporhizian Sich in the sixteenth century and spread to the rest of Ukraine.
- It was exciting, and always got the crowd going, with much clapping, expostulation and dancing of the gopak.
1920s: via Russian, from Ukrainian hopak.
Más definiciones de gopakDefinición de gopak en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.