- 1 [mass noun] (In biblical use) the timber from which Noah’s ark was made, from an unidentified tree (Gen. 6:14).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Make thee an ark of gopher wood.
- It was made of a special wood, called gopher wood.
- All his neighbors laughed at him and all that gopher wood and pitch sure cost a lot of money but Noah obeyed.
- 2 (gopherwood) Either of two North American trees:
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ● stinking cedar. ● yellow-wood.
- Although cypress wood is often used in the place of gopherwood the two terms are not equivalent.
- The gopher wood has a wide range of applications.
early 17th century: gopher from Hebrew gōp̱er.
Más definiciones de gopher woodDefinición de gopher wood en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.