Definición de gorgonian en inglés:
A colonial coral of an order distinguished by having a horny tree-like skeleton, including the sea fans and precious red coral.
- Order Gorgonacea, class Anthozoa
- So I used the last dive of the day to shoot several reef scenes of crinoids sitting among soft corals and gorgonians, and a pair of yellow ghost pipefish.
- There are many small creatures to photograph among the soft corals, gorgonians, hard corals and sponges.
- Soft corals and gorgonians reach out from the overhanging sides, while shoals of fish swirl in the shade.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to gorgons or gorgonians.
- Several ‘fingers' of rock, each densely covered in gorgonian fans, projected out into the blue.
- The coral and sponge growth was again lush, but with far healthier gorgonian colonies away from the sometimes violent swells of Diamond Rock.
- This dive is better in the deeper section, where large gorgonian seafans stretch out into the current, surrounded by large numbers of fish, corals, invertebrates, and some huge barrel sponges.
Definición de gorgonian en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan