Definición de gospel en inglés:
- As Paul preached the gospel of Jesus Christ, the words sank into Lydia's mind and heart.
- Only the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring both temporal reconciliation and the hope of an eternal and heavenly inheritance to the Israeli and the Palestinian.
- The gospel of God's love has come to us not simply as a written message or an oral announcement, but first of all as a person, a living word.
- The problem with this situation is exactly what I just so cleverly alluded to - people who really don't have much to offer as far as opinions go attempt to pass off their ill-informed extended blurbs as gospel truth.
- Besides, although I'm not a father I am a lawyer and I can assure you that you can take his submission as gospel truth, so to speak.
- It seems trite now, but I hated the fact that everyone took the boys' stories as the gospel truth.
- Today, the enterprise of spreading the gospel of free markets is predicated on the iron fist of overwhelming American military power.
- The Marxist Big Idea was a rigid gospel of economic rules, a one-solution-fits-all kitbag which every communist state used in very similar ways.
- For the neoliberal gospel of free markets is something to be imposed on others.
- We have Mary of Magdala to thank for having this part of The Gospel record in The Bible.
- In this sense we can understand the Gospel record of the Temptation of Jesus.
- His vision for these people was the pursuit of literacy and the teachings of the Gospel.
- View him as we see him in the gospels and in the book of Revelation.
- But by analysing the changes made in the gospels of Matthew and Luke, we can see what Jesus did not say.
- The New Testament begins with the four Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
- Brother Hugh McKinney read the first scripture reading and the gospel was read by Canon Mark Diamond.
- I describe it because it has something to do with our gospel reading from the sixth chapter of John.
- After that sweeping overview, the gospel reading homes in on the harrowing story of the Passion.
- Exposed to gospel music while attending Pentecostal churches; Elvis also listened to blues and country-western.
- The lyrics include formulaic gospel cries and they are often delivered in the fervent style of gospel music.
- The church's ambiguous response to gospel music is problematic for this very reason.
Old English gōdspel, from gōd 'good' + spel 'news, a story' (see spell2), translating ecclesiastical Latin bona annuntiatio or bonus nuntius, used to gloss ecclesiastical Latin evangelium, from Greek euangelion 'good news' (see evangel); after the vowel was shortened in Old English, the first syllable was mistaken for god 'God'.
gospelize (also gospelise) verbo
- Example sentences
- Paul is ready to gospelize those who are in Rome.
- In the process of gospelising others, we forget the respect that our gospel inherently stands for towards human dignity and the sanctity of human relationships in themselves.
- On the other hand, the discourse creates the image of Paul as one who fully embodies the gospel, or perhaps whose complete body has been gospelized.