Definición de gradual en inglés:
1Taking place or progressing slowly or by degrees: the gradual introduction of new methods
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Her success has been a gradual progression over a 14-year career.
- Blake explains that the gradual progression of translating and interpreting the original texts lays the foundations for the shape of the finished product.
- If Graham had stayed, he would have approved of that gradual progression, but warned against the dangers of moving too fast, of doing too well.
2(Of a slope) not steep or abrupt.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Carrying such massive equipment, the difference of a few feet in height, or of riding up an easy, gradual slope, is very significant.
- There is also some issue as to whether there are, in effect two slopes, being the gradual slope of the deck, and then a steeper slope from the deck towards the catch basin.
- Then came a long and gradual slope down to a lake-filled valley, followed by a switchback road along which we overtook a pair of tough old hikers who were walking at quite a pace.
sustantivo(Gradual) Volver al principio
1(In the Western Christian Church) a response sung or recited between the Epistle and Gospel in the Mass.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The chants set were Vespers responsories, Mass graduals, and alleluias, and perhaps some processional antiphons.
- The construction of the second movement is descended from plainchant graduals and hymns.
1.1A book of plainsong for the Mass.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Because of the gradualness with which the land slopes upward from the lake, I had no sense of climbing at all for the first half-hour.
- It's said that the seeming gradualness of change in its early stages is fatally deceptive, that when the tipping point is reached disaster will unfold with the speed and force of a global avalanche.
- The Catholic Church, as one is regularly reminded, is like a very big ship that turns slowly, and, in the gradualness of the turning, ‘turning points’ are hard to specify, but there is a sense that change is underway.
Palabras que riman con gradualusual • individual
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda