sustantivo(the grand manner)
1A style considered appropriate for noble and stately matters: formal dining in the grand manner
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To write a biography in the grand manner of a figure so copiously analysed already must have been a monumental challenge.
- By the same token, it is hard to envisage them flourishing unless he emerges from the doldrums to bid farewell in the grand manner.
- Gary Fellows was trapped leg before without scoring but Michael Lumb ended the match in the grand manner with a big six.
1.1 (the Grand Manner) The lofty and rhetorical manner of historical painting exemplified by Raphael and Poussin.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- From 1760, when he exhibited Niobe (New Haven, Yale Center for British Art) his work included historical landscapes in the Grand Manner alongside Claudean depictions of English views.
- Finally in Rome, the ornate classical style led the way to and was transposed into the Grand Manner that became popular after the death of Raphael.
- Painted from life, the portrait was originally destined for Independence Hall and is conceived as a state portrait in the Grand Manner.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: grand man¦ner
Definición de grand manner en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda