sustantivo[mass noun] Geology
- A fine-grained granular metamorphic rock in which the main component minerals are typically feldspars and quartz: [as modifier]: the granulite faciesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These rocks display clear prograde metamorphism that peaks in granulite facies.
- Two types of terrain are especially characteristic of Archaean geology: greenstone - granite terrains and granulite - gneiss terrains.
- The granulite to eclogite transformation may not occur if water is absent; for example, if ocean crust has been dehydrated as happens when a slab subducts.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The researchers studied metamorphic conditions of granulitic rocks in the Zoblitz complex and estimated maximum pressure conditions of 21 kbar at 830°C.
- Resting on top of the granulitic rocks of the Dalsfjord Suite are the arkosic metasediments of the Hoyvik Group which are interpreted as detritus from the Dalsfjord Suite rocks.
- Also, those workers noted that eclogites, in particular with felsic composition, are theologically weak, relative to their granulitic equivalents.
Más definiciones de granuliteDefinición de granulite en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.