Definición de grapevine en inglés:
1A vine native to both Eurasia and North America, especially one bearing grapes used for eating or winemaking.
- Genus Vitis, family Vitaceae: many species, in particular V. vinifera and the American V. labrusca
- It attacks only grapevines, and kills vines by attacking their roots.
- Though native, grapevines sometimes become too prolific and pull large trees over, causing a loss of shade, which many herbs need.
- Wheat, grapevines, almonds, olives, and oranges were planted from the beginning.
2 informal Used to refer to the circulation of rumours and unofficial information: I’d heard on the grapevine that the business was nearly settled
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I've heard the rumours on the grapevine, but am I the only coach to sign players in the summer?
- But, the rumours are on the grapevine that there are still some very big fish out there to be caught.
- As soundbytes of gossip regarding imminent closures of galleries circulated through the grapevine in past months, I admit I panicked at first.
Definición de grapevine en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan