Definición de grapevine en inglés:
1A vine native to both Eurasia and North America, especially one bearing grapes used for eating or winemaking.
- Genus Vitis, family Vitaceae: many species, in particular V. vinifera and the American V. labrusca
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It attacks only grapevines, and kills vines by attacking their roots.
- Though native, grapevines sometimes become too prolific and pull large trees over, causing a loss of shade, which many herbs need.
- Wheat, grapevines, almonds, olives, and oranges were planted from the beginning.
2 informal Used to refer to the circulation of rumours and unofficial information: I’d heard on the grapevine that the business was nearly settled
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I've heard the rumours on the grapevine, but am I the only coach to sign players in the summer?
- But, the rumours are on the grapevine that there are still some very big fish out there to be caught.
- As soundbytes of gossip regarding imminent closures of galleries circulated through the grapevine in past months, I admit I panicked at first.
Definición de grapevine en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán