Definición de graphite en inglés:
A grey crystalline allotropic form of carbon which occurs as a mineral in some rocks and can be made from coke. It is used as a solid lubricant, in pencils, and as a moderator in nuclear reactors.
- For instance, carbon may exist as either graphite or diamond in its solid phase.
- Carbon, in the forms of charcoal, graphite, and diamond, was one of the earliest elements known to man.
- One possibility of this sort of manipulation could turn carbon into either graphite or diamond.
- Example sentences
- Related work to purify semiconducting nanotubes and remove graphitic contamination is also being carried out.
- Helical microtubules of graphitic carbon have also been found.
- The conventionally measured hardness of graphitic irons is influenced by the graphite, especially in gray iron.
Definición de graphite en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan