Definición de gratuity en inglés:
sustantivo (plural gratuities)
1 formal A tip given to a waiter, taxi driver, etc.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- However, a special gratuity paid to a driver, for example at Christmas, may not be taxable.
- As we headed home, my mate wondered why many cafés have counter-top jars for tips if paying gratuities was not New Zealand custom.
- These gratuities are voluntary rewards given from spectators who genuinely enjoyed the battle in the ring.
2British A sum of money paid to an employee at the end of a period of employment: an end-of-contract gratuity of 20% of the total pay received
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Well, as part of my pay for February, I received my gratuity for the contract period that ended December 31, 2002.
- Charitable payments or gratuities given by employers should not be deducted from awards of damages as it is important not to discourage benevolence.
- Government has been implored to intervene in the labour stand-off between the company and its workers following failure by management to pay gratuity to over 400 employees.
Palabras que riman con gratuityacuity, ambiguity, annuity, assiduity, congruity, contiguity, continuity, exiguity, fatuity, fortuity, ingenuity, perpetuity, perspicuity, promiscuity, suety, superfluity, tenuity, vacuity
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán