Definición de gratuity en inglés:
sustantivo (plural gratuities)
1 formal A tip given to a waiter, taxi driver, etc.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- However, a special gratuity paid to a driver, for example at Christmas, may not be taxable.
- As we headed home, my mate wondered why many cafés have counter-top jars for tips if paying gratuities was not New Zealand custom.
- These gratuities are voluntary rewards given from spectators who genuinely enjoyed the battle in the ring.
2British A sum of money paid to an employee at the end of a period of employment: an end-of-contract gratuity of 20% of the total pay received
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Well, as part of my pay for February, I received my gratuity for the contract period that ended December 31, 2002.
- Charitable payments or gratuities given by employers should not be deducted from awards of damages as it is important not to discourage benevolence.
- Government has been implored to intervene in the labour stand-off between the company and its workers following failure by management to pay gratuity to over 400 employees.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán