- 1 • technical Carrying eggs or young; pregnant: the retroverted gravid uterusMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This was a large-scale, anatomical publication filled with high-quality engravings of the gravid, or pregnant, uterus.
- In addition to concerns about the difficulty of making a prompt and accurate diagnosis, the displacement of the appendix by the gravid uterus has resulted in controversy about the optimal site of abdominal incision for appendectomy.
- Studies have shown a similar incidence of major depressive episodes in matched gravid and nongravid women, so pregnancy appears to have neither a protective nor a detrimental effect.
- 2Full of meaning or a specified quality: the scene is gravid with uneaseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- His timing was bad: the Warwick agreement, gravid with promise, had just been signed.
- One word can be so gravid with meaning that it could ignite the outrage of citizens, the deployment of troops, the legal obligation of action.
- Music seems gravid with meaning. We talk not solely of a person's enjoying music but of his understanding or misunderstanding it.
late 16th century: from Latin gravidus 'laden, pregnant', from gravis 'heavy'.
Más definiciones de gravidDefinición de gravid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.