Photosynthetic algae which contain chlorophyll and store starch in discrete chloroplasts. They are eukaryotic and most live in fresh water, ranging from unicellular flagellates to more complex multicellular forms.
- Treated either as plants (division Chlorophyta) or as protozoans (phylum Chlorophyta, kingdom Protista). The classification of green algae is complex and under review
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, in the free state, these bacteria are generally found as filamentous green algae in fresh and brackish waters.
- Diatoms and green algae exhibited up to ninefold higher growth rates than those for cyanobacterial species.
- This microscopic, single-celled green algae contains more chlorophyll than any known plant - nearly four times the amount found in spirulina.
Definición de green algae en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.