Definición de green algae en inglés:
Photosynthetic algae which contain chlorophyll and store starch in discrete chloroplasts. They are eukaryotic and most live in fresh water, ranging from unicellular flagellates to more complex multicellular forms.
- Treated either as plants (division Chlorophyta) or as protozoans (phylum Chlorophyta, kingdom Protista). The classification of green algae is complex and under review
- However, in the free state, these bacteria are generally found as filamentous green algae in fresh and brackish waters.
- Diatoms and green algae exhibited up to ninefold higher growth rates than those for cyanobacterial species.
- This microscopic, single-celled green algae contains more chlorophyll than any known plant - nearly four times the amount found in spirulina.
Definición de green algae en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan