(also greylag goose)
- A large goose with mainly grey plumage, which is native to Eurasia and is the ancestor of the domestic goose.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Anser anser, family Anatidae
- The greylag goose is a native species in Iceland, the United Kingdom, and Europe, and it also winters in the Mediterranean and southern Asia.
- The barking of geese broke the silence, greylags and Canada share open water with oystercatchers.
- The Central Science Laboratory is also collaborating in another project with the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust which is exploring whether greylags seen in Britain are migrants from Greenland or belong to a population resident in the UK.
early 18th century: probably from grey + dialect lag 'goose', of unknown origin.
Más definiciones de greylagDefinición de greylag en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.