Definición de gribble en inglés:
A small marine isopod crustacean that bores into submerged wooden structures, often causing damage to pier timbers.
- Limnoria lignorum, order Isopoda
- Wood-boring marine crustaceans, called gribbles, have devoured portions of supporting timbers designed to stabilize a seawall built along the waterfront in Seattle, Washington.
- The seagrass gribble burrows through blades of seagrasses, eating their soft internal tissues.
- Because gribbles usually attack wood ‘en mass’, the wood surface quickly becomes sharp and uneven because of all the holes and cavities.
late 18th century: perhaps related to the verb grub.
Definición de gribble en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan