(Of something bad) very severe or serious: his death was a grievous blow the American fleet suffered grievous losses
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘This shocking incident was a terrible loss for the British Army, and struck a grievous blow to the families of the six soldiers,’ he added.
- The loss of either deputy would be a grievous blow to Quinn.
- GAA President Sean Kelly described his death as a ‘massive and grievous loss to a great sporting family’.
painful, agonizing, hurtful, afflicting, wounding, damaging, injurious;
crushing, distressing, traumatic, harrowing;
heinous, grave, deplorable, shocking, appalling, atrocious, gross, dire, outrageous, dreadful, egregious, iniquitous, nefarious, shameful, lamentable;
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In other words the PTAs need not use their discretion to decide on the grievousness of the complaint.
- The first two factors are the grievousness of the acts and the degree of malicious intent.
- With the available data, the grievousness of the condition of the dugong population in the country was evident.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda