Definición de grievous en inglés:
(Of something bad) very severe or serious: his death was a grievous blow the American fleet suffered grievous losses
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘This shocking incident was a terrible loss for the British Army, and struck a grievous blow to the families of the six soldiers,’ he added.
- The loss of either deputy would be a grievous blow to Quinn.
- GAA President Sean Kelly described his death as a ‘massive and grievous loss to a great sporting family’.
crushing, distressing, traumatic, harrowing;
heinous, grave, deplorable, shocking, appalling, atrocious, gross, dire, outrageous, dreadful, egregious, iniquitous, nefarious, shameful, lamentable;
- Example sentences
- In other words the PTAs need not use their discretion to decide on the grievousness of the complaint.
- The first two factors are the grievousness of the acts and the degree of malicious intent.
- With the available data, the grievousness of the condition of the dugong population in the country was evident.
Words that rhyme with grievousSelvas • mischievous
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan