(also gri-gri, greegree)
sustantivo (plural igual)
- 1An African or Caribbean charm or amulet.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most of the time, this was how her love potions and gris-gris worked, which is apparently 100% of the time.
- Another way to keep the will of others from harming you or your children would be to wear a greegree.
- Stones and colored objects are chosen for their occult and astrological meanings corresponding to the purpose for which the gris-gris is to be used.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The use of gris-gris, especially in voodoo: [as modifier]: the New Orleans gris-gris traditionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The country reflects African music and culture - the Creole cuisine features myriad varieties of exotically spiced fish and seafood, and rural residents practice gris-gris, the local voodoo.
- From 1943 to his death in 1989, King Louis Narcisse fused Baptist, Pentecostal, and gris-gris traditions into a gumbo of ritual and hagiography.
- Only a few shamans in the region were known to practice gris-gris.
late 17th century: from French grisgris, of West African origin.
Más definiciones de gris-grisDefinición de gris-gris en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.