(also grivet monkey)
Definición de grivet en inglés:
A common African guenon with greenish-brown upper parts and a black face. Compare with green monkey and vervet.
- Cercopithecus aethiops, family Cercopithecidae, in particular the race C. a. aethiops of Ethiopia and Sudan, with long white cheek tufts
- This small forest is rich in mammal species like the red-tailed and grivet monkeys, the dwarf bush baby, the Potto and the African and palm civets.
- Green monkeys are also called vervets, tantalus, sabeus, and grivet monkeys.
- The riverine forest has many colobus and grivet monkeys.
mid 19th century: from French, of unknown origin.
Definición de grivet en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan