1The area between the abdomen and the upper thigh on either side of the body.
- Patients may have pain in the anterior groin, anterior thigh, buttock, greater trochanter, or medial knee.
- Swelling and tenderness was noted in the groin and proximal thigh.
- In femoral fractures, patients usually complain of pain in the groin, anterior thigh, or knee, as well as painful range of motion of the hip.
1.1 informal The region of the genitals: she kicked him in the groin
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The defender's right elbow is locked and her hand cannot strike the attacker's groin.
- The heavy man clutched his groin in pain and fell to his knees on the ground.
- Now he dropped the sword and she brought her knee up into the man's groin.
2 Architecture A curved edge formed by two intersecting vaults.
- It is characterized by heavy, load-bearing masonry, the round-headed arch and its derivatives, the groin, and barrel vaulting.
- Gilt threads glittered in the weave of pennants and tapestries and high overhead a gold-trimmed groin vault shouldered off the arches of a marble ceiling.
- The corridor opened into a T-junction in a groin vault serving as a landing for a broad, dimly-lit staircase.
late Middle English grynde, perhaps from Old English grynde 'depression, abyss'.