- A widely distributed plant of the borage family, typically having white or blue flowers which are followed by smooth hard nutlets.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Lithospermum, family Boraginaceae: several species, in particular the common Eurasian L. officinale
- Among the other species are broom groundsel, James' catseye, narrow-leaf gromwell, narrow-leaved penstemon, needle and thread, nodding buckwheat, rubber rabbitbrush, and yucca.
- Corn gromwell is an annual with erect, slender, single stems or several stems branched from the base.
- The sturdy, somewhat odiferous false gromwell occurs across most of North Dakota, but may be absent or rare in the extreme southwestern counties.
Middle English: from Old French gromil, probably from a medieval Latin phrase meaning 'crane's millet'.