- The lowest energy state of an atom or other particle.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When an atom or ion is in its ground state, the electrons spend a lot more time close to the nucleus than they do when the atom is in an excited state.
- Nuclear isomers are excited states that eventually decay to the ground state, mostly by gamma radiation.
- The ground state of a hydrogen atom is actually spherically symmetrical.
Más definiciones de ground stateDefinición de ground state en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.