- 1An unsophisticated or uncritical spectator or reader (originally a member of the part of a theatre audience that stood in the pit below the stage): Dante is not for groundlings[with reference to Shakespeare's Hamlet iii. ii. 11]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Egeon's trial takes place at the front of the stage, with the old man standing among the groundlings defending himself from threatened execution.
- Standing amid the groundlings in front of the stage was a tall, grey, benignly smiling man.
- The best part of the experience though was its immediacy: in open air, daylight and with the ‘front row’ of groundlings leaning on the stage, there was an easy exchange between actors and audience.
Más definiciones de groundlingDefinición de groundling en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.