Definición de gruelling en inglés:
Extremely tiring and demanding: a gruelling schedule
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Teams of between two and eight dogs will run at speeds of over 20 miles per hour around the gruelling four-mile course.
- The documentary filmed them preparing for the latter, and their gruelling training regime was something to behold.
- Plus, after a gruelling few days the creative juices were a little slack.
demanding, exacting, trying, difficult, hard, arduous, laborious, back-breaking, strenuous, harsh, severe, stiff, punishing, crushing, crippling, grinding, brutal, relentless, unsparing
British informal knackering
mid 19th century: from the verb gruel 'exhaust, punish', from an old phrase get one's gruel 'receive one's punishment'.
- Example sentences
- Democrats - estranged from and ashamed of their progressive flank - wear themselves out to retain gains gruelingly won through nearly a century of grassroots action.
- And it bred optimism among people who knew ruthless competition and gruelingly hard work.
- Instead, I was gifted with the opportunity to endure the latest gruelingly stupid motion picture aimed at children who have been raised from infancy by a television set.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan