Definición de gruelling en inglés:
Extremely tiring and demanding: a gruelling schedule
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Teams of between two and eight dogs will run at speeds of over 20 miles per hour around the gruelling four-mile course.
- The documentary filmed them preparing for the latter, and their gruelling training regime was something to behold.
- Plus, after a gruelling few days the creative juices were a little slack.
demanding, exacting, trying, difficult, hard, arduous, laborious, back-breaking, strenuous, harsh, severe, stiff, punishing, crushing, crippling, grinding, brutal, relentless, unsparing
British informal knackering
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Democrats - estranged from and ashamed of their progressive flank - wear themselves out to retain gains gruelingly won through nearly a century of grassroots action.
- And it bred optimism among people who knew ruthless competition and gruelingly hard work.
- Instead, I was gifted with the opportunity to endure the latest gruelingly stupid motion picture aimed at children who have been raised from infancy by a television set.
Mid 19th century: from the verb gruel 'exhaust, punish', from an old phrase get one's gruel 'receive one's punishment'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda