A fish that makes a grunting noise, especially when caught, in particular:
- ● a mainly marine fish of warm waters (family Theraponidae: several genera). ● another term for grunt (sense 4) of the noun)
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the sometimes-translucent streams beneath us, we can see bream, catfish and grunters as well as pig-nosed turtles, thought, until recently, only to exist in Papua New Guinea.
- And then there were the dead fish, mostly grunter, leervis and silvies, I believe, caused apparently by a sudden drop in salinity as the whirlpools mixed fresh water with salty.
- The result was a 3kg grunter for their fry and a fish eagle having to look further afield for its meal.
Definición de grunter en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.