- 1A formal assurance (typically in writing) that certain conditions will be fulfilled, especially that a product will be repaired or replaced if not of a specified quality: we offer a 10-year guarantee against rusting the treaty provides a guarantee of free tradeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Government is guaranteeing that people who purchase water will now have a guarantee of repairs and spare parts.
- The formal guarantee of women's rights was absent from the initial draft but the refusal of Afghan women to be silenced ensured its inclusion in the final version.
- I might actually be willing to pay the normal retail price to buy or rent DVDs, if in exchange I get a guarantee of quality and a decent selection.
- 1.1Something that ensures a particular outcome: a degree is no guarantee of a fast-track careerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There is, of course, no guarantee of a successful outcome in this endeavor until your application is thoroughly reviewed at numerous FAA levels.
- He recalled that multiparity and previous easy deliveries are no guarantee of a similar outcome.
- Just keep in mind that you will be undertaking a science experiment with no guarantee of the outcome!
verbo (guarantees, guaranteeing, guaranteed)Volver al principio
- 1 [no object] Provide a formal assurance, especially that certain conditions will be fulfilled relating to a product, service, or transaction: [with infinitive]: the company guarantees to refund your moneyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The only thing that it guarantees with its product is that your car will meet these New Jersey standards.
- Irrespective of market performance, the product guarantees 100 per cent of your money back at the end of five years.
- Some manufacturers have been willing to guarantee that their products are latex free, and others seem less than eager to supply information about their products.
- 1.1 [with object] Provide a guarantee for: the cooker is guaranteed for five years (as adjective guaranteed) the guaranteed bonus is not very highMás ejemplos en oraciones
- My new entertainment system is guaranteed for five years.
- Make sure you are fully aware of what part of the product is being guaranteed too.
- 1.2 [with object] Provide financial security for; underwrite: a demand that £100,000 be deposited to guarantee their costsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For most agents to approve a rookie contract, option bonuses must be fully guaranteed.
- 2 [with object] Promise with certainty: no one can guarantee a profit on stocks and sharesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The concept would certainly promote stability and guarantee a return to profits in the short term but also on the longer run.
- But if you want to ensure Cupid's bow really hits the mark, innovative tour operators and hoteliers have come up with some creative ideas they promise will guarantee you true romance home or away.
- Fourth, the president must take immediate, urgent, essential steps to guarantee the promised elections can be held next year.
late 17th century (in the sense 'guarantor'): perhaps from Spanish garante, corresponding to French garant (see warrant), later influenced by French garantie 'guaranty'.