Definición de guardsman en inglés:
sustantivo (plural guardsmen)
1(In the UK) a soldier of a regiment of Guards.
- The West Yorkshire Regiment guardsmen were well prepared for the weather.
- The palace was floodlit, a full-size Royal Standard, usually reserved for state occasions, was flying and guardsmen in bearskins were on sentry duty.
- Branchflower, 20, a guardsman with the Irish Guards, was deployed
1.1(In the US) a member of the National Guard.
- It is present in the camouflaged armed national guardsmen who greet members of Congress each day we enter the Capitol campus.
- The national guard plays a critical role in homeland security, but tens of thousands of national guardsmen are now deployed overseas, supporting the global war on terror.
- At Duneen Mill in Greenville, South Carolina, for example, 425 national guardsmen were deployed to break up pickets.
Words that rhyme with guardsmanguardsmen
Definición de guardsman en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan