A tree that exudes gum, especially a eucalyptus.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Only in Australia are two genera, Eucalyptus and Acacia - more familiarly, the gum tree and the wattle - able to dominate a continent.
- This brings us to the gum tree, or more specifically, to Eucalyptus globulus, grown widely as a source of wood-pulp.
- Neighbour Ian Kinny, whose memorial garden along with a gum tree, bottlebrush and shrubs were destroyed, described the impact of the attack as ‘extremely cruel’.
up a gum tree
- British informal In or into a predicament: offers of devolution will lead ministers straight up a gum treeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I'm all for that approach because we're all up a gum tree with romance.
- At Heathrow last week thousands of Brits found themselves up a gum tree, as British Airways, plagued by staff shortages and technical hitches, scrapped more than 100 flights to and from the airport.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: gum tree
Definición de gum tree en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda