The upper edge or planking of the side of a boat or ship.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Installation was neat and tidy, cables and steering being run down each side of the boat under respective gunwales and thence into the centre console.
- There was seating facing inboard along the gunwales of the boat.
- You never know what quite to expect at boat show product demonstrations, but when someone swings a baseball bat repeatedly into a boat's gunwale, they quickly get everyone's attention.
to the gunwales
- informal So as to be almost overflowing: the car is stuffed to the gunwales with camera equipmentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The houses are never squalid; what they are is crammed to the gunwales with stuff - stuff that's been packed into drawers and cupboards and closets, no rhyme or reason to it, and not an inch of space to spare.
- Across Europe, gigantic music stores stuffed to the gunwales with American pop, rock and urban do a sideline in hipster books.
- Once, during a seasonal visit to the store, I watched as a little man struggled with a leviathan of a trolley, stuffed to the gunnels with drink, box after box of it.
Definición de gunwale en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.